Crystallography, an interdisciplinary science for the Africa of the future.
The ePCCr Conference invites submissions in these thematic areas:
- Crystallography Databases
- Inorganic Materials and Industrial Minerals
- Crystal Engineering and Structural Chemistry
- Crystallography and Life Sciences
- Large Facilities for Emerging Countries
- Diffraction Physics and Phase Transitions
- Dr Susan Reutzel Edens, CCDC
- Prof Seham Abdel-Aal, Cairo University
- Prof Neil Champness, University of Birmingham
- Prof Bill Jones, University of Cambridge
- Dr Emile Engel, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Dr Tendai Gadzikwa, Kansas State University
- Prof Richard Garratt, University of São Paulo
- Dr Eunice Nyawade, Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
- Prof Bernard Omondi Owaga, University of KwaZulu-Natal
The first Pan-African Conference on Crystallography, PCCr1, was held in Dschang, Cameroon in 2016. This highly successful meeting attracted 192 participants from 32 countries, including 20 African countries.
PCCr2 followed in 2019, with over 200 participants from 35 countries. This was a joint meeting with AfLS, and was hosted in Accra, Ghana.
PCCr3, which will take place in Nairobi, Kenya, was scheduled for 2021. Unfortunately, due to the pandemic, this meeting has been postponed. But we want to keep contact with the African crystallography community, even in these challenging times - thus the birth of ePCCr!
We are very excited to be able to hold this virtual meeting, which is a chance for our community to meet, discuss, and exchange ideas. Being a joint meeting with AfLS and AfPS means even more opportunities to network and learn. Please join us for this great event.