Transport to South Africa:
- OR Tambo is the largest international airport and is about 84 km from the recommended accomodation and venue (via the R21 North and N14).
- Lanseria Airport is 11 km from the recommended accomodation and venue and is convenient for domestic flights (eg. Cape Town, Durban)
- RECOMMENDED: A shuttle between the airport and recommended accommodation can be arranged on your behalf. You have to pay the shuttle yourself. Please indicate your requirement on the registration form.
- Rental cars can be obtained at the airport from various companies, such as: AVIS, Europcar, Hertz and Bidvest car rental. Please note that one drives on the LEFT of the road in South Africa, and that you'll require an international driving permit.
- Taxis come in 2 varieties: 1) Sedan Taxis which are very expensive and 2) Minibus taxis which are best avoided
- Generally the public transport network in South Africa extremely limited and is not recommended.