TransportationThe conference will be held at Mabula Game Lodge, some 200 km from the University of Pretoria, Hatfield campus. See the website section regarding the Conference Venue for more information and if you wish to make your own travel arrangements.
1. Transport between University of Pretoria, Hatfield campus and the Mabula Game Lodge:This is available as part of the conference arrangements. Please indicate on the Registration Form whether you require such transport (at an additional fee of R 500). The bus will depart between 13:00 and 14:00 on Monday 4 May 2015 and return after breakfast on Friday 8 May 2015. Precise information on shuttle service departure times will be announced in due course when delegate numbers and needs become clearer.
2. Transport between the airport (OR Tambo airport) and University of Pretoria, Hatfield campus:
We recommend that you use the Gautrain. The train fare is R155 (~$10) plus R13 (~$1) to purchase an access card (the Gautrain Gold Card). Gautrain passengers travelling between the airport and Hatfield have to change trains at Marboro station (or Sandton station). There will be a shuttle service between the Hatfield station and the University of Pretoria. The service will be free of charge to conference delegates. Alternatively, delegates could walk to the campus, preferably in groups.
The Hatfield station opens at 05:15 and closes at 21:20. The OR Tambo International Airport station opens at 05:15 and closes at 21:00. These times may change, see Timetables.
The Gautrain policy is that no food and / or drinks can be consumed in the train or station buildings. Stiff fines are imposed for contravention of the policy.
Gautrain call centre: 0800 428 87 246. Gautrain integrated map.
- If you arrive outside the Gautrain operating hours, you could use private taxi services. The fares are about R450 – R500 ($30 – $35). You may call the following taxi operators: Dan Segwale at 083 350 2601 or Doctor Mahlangu at 076 426 0436.
3. Should you require accommodation around Hatfield, there are a number of hotels, guest houses and bed & breakfast units available.The following links may be useful:
- Hatfield Bed & Breakfasts at www.sa-venues.com
- Bed & Breakfast association of Pretoria / Tshwane
- Bed & Breakfast in Hatfield
- Protea Hotel – Hatfield (about 0.5 km from the University of Pretoria, 1141 Burnett Str.)
- City Lodge Hotel – Hatfield (about 0.5 km from the University of Pretoria, 407 Hilda Str.)
- Garden Court Hatfield Hotel
Disclaimer: information provided on fares, passenger safety, veracity of information, etc. To the best of our knowledge, the information provided herein is correct. We accept no liability for any harm that may arise as a result of its direct or indirect use.