SAIP 2011 Support
Frequency spectrum of nonlinear electric field structures in a magnetized dusty plasma
Presented by Dr. Shimul Kumar MAHARAJ on 15 Jul 2011 from 09:00 to 09:15
Type: Oral Presentation
Track: Track D2 - Space Science
<p>A magnetized dusty plasma composed of an adiabatic negatively charged dust fluid, Boltzmann ions and Boltzmann electrons is considered for which coupled nonlinear dust-acoustic and dust-cyclotron waves hav- ing sinusoidal, sawtooth or spiky electric field waveforms are found to be supported when charge neutrality is assumed (Maharaj et al, 2008). The focus of this investigation is to make use of a suitable Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) algorithm to decompose the nonlinear waveforms into Fourier components in an attempt to identify the dominant frequency components of the nonlinear structures. The possibility of obtaining oscilloton solutions will also be investigated.
Level (Hons, MSc, PhD, other)?
Not a student
Consider for a student award (Yes / No)?
- Dr. Shimul Kumar MAHARAJ South African National Space Agency (SANSA) Space Science (formally NRF Hermanus Magnetic Observatory)
- Prof. Ramesh BHARUTHRAM University of the Western Cape, Modderdam Road, Bellville 7535
- Prof. Satya Vir SINGH Indian Institute of Geomagnetism, New Panvel (W), Navi Mumbai 410218, India
- Prof. Sadha PILLAY School of Physics, University of KwaZulu-Natal, Private Bag X54001, Durban 4000
- Prof. Gurbax LAKHINA Indian Institute of Geomagnetism, New Panvel (W), Navi Mumbai 410218, India